Ryan Gosling is known as one of the sexiest men alive. However, fans who have been following him since his early career know that he has not always been muscular. Naturally, Ryan Gosling is a fairly thin, lean man. For films such as Drive, Crazy Stupid Love, and Only God Forgives, he had to spend extra time and effort to bulk up for these roles.
Want a printer friendly version of this workout? Enter your email and get it now!
Simply enter your email address and the download link will be sent right to your inbox.
Ryan Gosling’s Workout Routine
After the initial base training, the Ryan Gosling Workout began its next stages. Because he is naturally lean, Gosling had to focus on emphasizing his upper body and chest. Here is an idea of his upper body work out regime performed on Mondays and Fridays:
- 3 Sets of 8 Rep Incline Dumbbell/Barbell Bench Press
- 3 Sets of 8 Reps Incline Flyes
- 3 Sets of 10 Reps Pull Ups
- 2 Sets of 12 Rep Curl Variations
- 2 Sets of 12 Rep Tricep Extension Variations
Though he focused mainly on his upper body, the Ryan Gosling Workout Routine also included a full body workout. This helped to maintain his core strength and balance his upper body with his lower. Mainly, the Ryan Gosling Workout for the entire body was performed Tuesdays and Thursdays, leaving him with a day off in the middle for his muscles to rest. This is an idea of his full body workout:
- 3 Sets of 10 Rep Bicep Curls
- 3 Sets of 10 Tricep Rope Extensions
- 3 Sets of 8 Rep Barbell Squats
- 3 Sets of 8 Rep Reverse Dumbbell Lunges
- 4 Sets of 5 Chin Ups
Due to the fact that Ryan was naturally lean to start, he did not have to include much cardio in his regime. However, there was some basic cardio done in the Ryan Gosling Workout. Much of this was basic and used for warming up. Here is an idea of the cardio performed for the Ryan Gosling Workout Routine:
- 5-10 Minutes of Light Workout on Any Cardio Machine or Light Walking
- 5-7 Minutes of Sprinting on the Treadmill
- 5 Minutes of Steady Training on a Stairmaster or Bike
Ryan Gosling’s Diet Plan
Gosling could not reach his amazing results with the workouts alone. The Ryan Gosling Diet Plan was developed and encouraged by his personal trainer, Ashley Borden. The first thing to know about the Ryan Gosling Diet Plan is that he is a naturally very lean person. During the Ryan Gosling Workout Routine he was on a very high calorie diet. However, he was eating all whole foods, nothing processed or with added chemicals and preservatives. This is the best way to gain weight while developing lean muscle. Here are some things to focus on while eating clean on the Ryan Gosling Diet Plan:
- Eat All Natural Fresh Food
- Avoid White Carbohydrates and Simple Carbs
- Eat Whole Grains When Eating Carbohydrates
- Include All Natural Protein Shakes
- Eat Mostly Vegetables Proteins and Rice
- Always Increase Calorie Intake on Training Days
Now you know the secrets to getting a perfect Ryan Gosling body and how to follow the Ryan Gosling Diet Plan. Good luck! Always remember to eat clean and stay in motion!