How do you transform a 5’10” 140 pound teenager into a ripped body of lean muscles? With a good, solid strategy such as the Taylor Lautner Workout Routine and diet plan. When Taylor Lautiner wrapped up filming the first Twilight movie, he had to begin preparing for the second movie and continually increase and maintain his toned body throughout the final installment. By following a good workout routine and diet, Taylor Lautiner was able to increase his weight by 30 pounds of lean muscle mass.
Want a printer friendly version of this workout? Enter your email and get it now!
Simply enter your email address and the download link will be sent right to your inbox.
Taylor Lautner Workout Routine
A good muscle building program begins with a good warm up to stretch your muscles and end with another set of good stretches for muscle recovery at the end. The Taylor Lautner Workout Routine is no different; it requires five to ten minutes of stretching at the beginning and end of the workout. The routine is for 5 days a week only, with 2 days rest for muscle recovery.
The Taylor Lautner Workout Routine should be completed in the shortest time possible. Be sure to allow variety in your daily workout as Taylor Lautiner did by increasing the sets from rotation two to rotation three. This will not only provide a variety in your workout routine, but will allow your muscles to gain strength.
Day 1 – Chest and Triceps
- Rest time of 1 minute between each exercise
- Behind Head Skull Crusher
- Bench Press
- Cable Crossover
- Decline Dumbbell Bench Press
- Dumbbell Fly
- Standing Overhead Dumbbell Tricep Extension
- Tricep Dip Machine
- V-Bar Tricep Pushdown
Day 2 – Back and Biceps
- Rest time of 1 minute between each exercise
- Alternating Hammer Curl
- Bent-Over Row
- Cable Crunch
- Close-Grip EZ-Bar Curl
- Dumbbell Curl and Twist
- Lying T-Bar Row
- Preacher Curl
- Renegade Push-Up
- Seated V-Bar Row
Day 3 – Legs
- Ab Roller
- Barbell Lunge
- Frog Sit-Up
- Power Clean and Press
- Straight-Leg Deadlift to Row
- Treadmill Jogging (no rest period)
Day 4 – Shoulders
- Alternating Dumbbell Front Raise
- Alternating Lateral Raise with Static Hold
- Bent-Over Dumbbell Rear Delt Raise
- Military Press
Day 5 – Abs
- Ab Plate Twist
- Reverse Crunch
- Roman Chair Leg Raise
- Swiss Ball Hamstring Curl
- Swiss Ball Pike
Taylor Lautner Workout – Week 1
Complete each exercise for 3 sets, 6 times each with the following exceptions:
- Day 2, Cable Crunch and V-up – 3 sets/10 times
- Day 3, Ab Roller and Frog Sit-Up 3 sets/10 times and Treadmill Jogging for 10 minutes
- Day 5, all exercise are completed as 3 sets/12 times each
Taylor Lautner Workout – Week 2
Complete each exercise for 3 sets, 8 times each with the following exceptions.
- Day 2, Cable Crunch and V-up – 3 sets/12 times
- Day 3, Ab Roller and Frog Sit-Up 3 sets/12 times and Treadmill Jogging for 15 minutes
- Day 5, all exercise are completed as 3 sets/15 times each
Taylor Lautner Workout – Week 3
Complete each exercise for 4 sets, 6times each with the following exceptions:
- Day 1, all exercises except Bench Press and Cable Crossover should be completed 4 sets/8 times each
- Day 2, Cable Crunch and V-up – 4 sets/10 times
- Day 3, Ab Roller and Frog Sit-Up 4 sets/10 times, Treadmill Jogging 15 minutes, all other exercises should be 4 sets/4 times each
- Day 5, all exercise are completed as 4 sets/12 times each
Taylor Lautner Workout – Week 4
Complete each exercise for 4 sets, 8 times each with the following exceptions:
- Day 2, Cable Crunch and V-up – 4 sets/12 times
- Day 3, Ab Roller and Frog Sit-Up 4 sets/12 times, Treadmill Jogging is 20 minutes, all other exercise are 4 sets/6 times each
- Day 5, all exercise are completed as 4 sets/15 times each
Taylor Lautner Diet Plan
The Taylor Lautner Diet Plan consisted of approximately 3,000 calories a day, which was necessary in order to build lean muscles quickly. Between meal snacks are necessary to a good diet and workout routine. Your body will need the protein to refuel and repair itself every two hours.
The Taylor Lautner Diet Plan included a breakfast with carbohydrates and proteins.
- 4 egg white omelet, 2 servings of toast, pomegranate juice or hot green tea
- Oatmeal, egg whites or whole eggs, orange juice
Lunch on the Taylor Lautner Diet Plan is focused on lean proteins.
- Half rotisserie chicken with rice pilaf, green beans and butternut squash
- Turkey or ground beef with brown rice and mixed vegetables
- Albacore tuna with a salad
The Taylor Lautner Diet Plan ended the day with a well-balanced meal.
- Grilled salmon with sweet potato and mixed vegetables cooked in 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Broiled chicken with mixed vegetables and salad
- Protein shake
- Protein bar