Vin Diesel, born on July 18th, 1967, and is an American actor. He also writes, directs, and produces movies, but what most people know him for is how nicely he keeps hid body in shape. Known for playing roles in movies like “Saving Private Ryan”, “The Chronicles Of Riddick”, and most of the “Fast & Furious” movies, Vin has always made sure that his body met what his role required it to. When Vin was asked to take part in “Fast & Furious 6”, he got back in the gym, and began his Vin Diesel workout that he’s been using for years.
Want a printer friendly version of this workout? Enter your email and get it now!
Simply enter your email address and the download link will be sent right to your inbox.
Vin Diesel’s Workout Routine
To prepare for his latest movie, Diesel used a workout influenced by standard bodybuilding techniques focused on building muscle mass. This means that in between lifting weights, he also included extremely rigorous activities such as boxing to strip his body of any remaining fat. Vin aimed to target every body part, and shocks all of his muscles with two sets of power lifting, and a few higher rep sets afterwards. Vin lifts weights three times a week, on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and during the remaining days he practices Pilates and yoga to properly stretch out all of his muscles. The following is a detailed list of the Vin Diesel workout:
Monday – Chest and Shoulders:
- Barbell and/or Dumbbell Bench Press: 4 sets, 5 to 6 reps
- Inclined Dumbbell Fly at no more than a 30 degree angle: 3 sets, 10 to 12 reps
- Regular Push Ups: 2 sets til failure
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 3 sets, 6 reps
- Upright Row: 3 sets, 8 reps
- Lateral Dumbbell Raise: 3 sets, 10 to 12 reps
Vin holds true to training to failure. He continues to do his pushups until it is literally impossible for him to do another.
Wednesday – Back:
- Deadlift: 3 sets, 5 reps
- Cable Row (Wide Grip): 3 sets, 8 reps
- Pull ups: 4 sets til failure
- Bent Over Dumbbell Row: 3 sets, 10 reps
Friday – Arms and Legs:
- Standing Hammer Curl: 3 sets, 10 to 12 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Curl: 3 sets, 8 reps
- Triceps Rope Extension: 3 sets, 8 reps
- Close Grip Chin Ups: 2 sets til failure
- Lunges: 2 sets, 8 reps per leg
- Leg Press: 3 sets, 10 reps
- Standing Calf Raise: 2 sets, 13 reps
As you can see, Vin’s workout consisted of simple, yet effective exercises. Remember that he filled his rest days with either cardiovascular activities such as boxing or even a long run, or stretching using yoga and Pilates techniques. This is what makes this Vin Diesel workout so effective. Without these, he would not have been able the chiseled body that he had for the movie.
Vin Diesel’s Diet
Vin didn’t just hit the gym and achieve the body he had, but he also practiced a very strict diet. This allowed him to achieve the lean, toned physique that we are used to seeing. The diet focuses around a healthy intake of calories and proteins, as well as cutting down on unneeded fats. Calories and protein were essential for his workout, as they allowed Vin to have adequate energy to lift, as well as provide his muscles with the nutrients they needed to rebuild after a hard workout. The following is an in depth list of the Vin Diesel workout diet:
- Vin took in massive calories, ranging from 300 to 500 calories per day.
- Vin acquired these calories from carbohydrates, and avoided fat.
- To avoid health issues, Diesel also took in proteins, multivitamins, and omega-3 containing foods in small amounts, alongside the large quantity of carbohydrates.
- His protein sources came from organic foods, such as soy fortified foods, and egg whites.
- Diesel reduced fat intake by including fiber, vegetables, and fruit were present in all meals.
- Vin ate lean meat as a muscle mass enhancer, as well as a source of protein. Weekly, he took in around 500 grams of lean meat.
- Vin also used chicken run for a protein source, which was generally served alongside his carbohydrates.
- Diesel took in less than 6 egg-cellents daily, which contains vitamins, proteins, fat, and selenium.
- Vin uses a multitude of sweet foods for an excellent source of carbs, like sweet potatoes.
Vin Diesel did not slack off when training for this movie. He had a week-long workout, as well as a very strict diet, allowing him to achieve a physique most men dream of. As a celebrity who is known to have big muscles, and an admirable body, Vin is very dedicated to any workout he may partake in to get ready for a movie. As you can see, the Vin Diesel workout for Fast & Furious 6 was no different!